When You’re Dealing With Plumbing Problems
Are you noticing slow moving drains in your bathroom? Does the garbage disposal seem to clog every other time you use it? These problems can feel like a major inconvenience and when left unattended, they can become even bigger inconveniences. Plumbing problems are a normal occurrence in most households around the world. Unfortunately, many homeowners ignore plumbing problems in the hopes that they will just go away on their own. The fact of the matter is, they won’t and in many cases, those problems will just get worse. For more information about plumbing maintenance in Clifton Township and Scranton, PA, contact Freedom Flow Plumbing and Heating Services today at (570) 903-3199.
Most Common Plumbing Problems
There are several common plumbing issues that most homeowners are going to face in their homes. While there are also several home remedies you can do to fix a plumbing issue, we highly recommend leaving plumbing and maintenance services to the professionals. That is simply because they have the necessary experience to repair a problem without causing damage to the rest of the plumbing. Plumbers can also easily identify problems and issues that you may not even be aware of.
- Slow Drains: A common issue across the board is slow moving drains. Shower and tub drains can quickly and easily become clogged by dirt, silt, hair, debris, and more. When these blockages are not removed, they can result in clogs that prevent water from properly draining.
- Low Water Pressure: A sign of plumbing problems can be seen if you are experiencing low water pressure. This could be due to a clog that is blocking water flow, preventing it from moving as quickly as it typically should.
- Running Toilet: Running toilets can usually be fixed with easy, inexpensive tools. Generally, if a toilet is constantly running, you may just need to replace the flapper, chain, or readjust the floater.
- Jammed Garbage Disposal: Garbage disposals are meant to be a convenience appliance, so when something goes wrong it can seem like a major inconvenience. Clogs and jams need to be addressed by a professional to avoid injury and further damage.
- Leaking Faucet: Another common plumbing problem across the board is often a leaking faucet. This can usually be traced back to a damaged or old washer that just needs to be replaced. In other cases, it could be from a faulty installation. Either way, a licensed plumber can help.
Freedom Flow Plumbing and Heating Services is a residential plumbing company in Clifton Township and Scranton, PA. We can help with any plumbing problem you may be facing. We offer a variety of plumbing maintenance contracts and services that can help you. Call us at (570) 903-3199 to learn more.
Plumbing Maintenance Tips
Now that you know what many of the common problems are, you may be wondering what are some plumbing maintenance examples? There is actually a lot that you can do to prevent problems from occurring in the future.
- Watch What Goes Down the Drain: A sure way to prevent major problems with your plumbing is to be mindful of what goes down your drains. Don’t pour grease down the kitchen sink. Pay attention to foreign items lingering in bathrooms.
- Flush Sediment: Once a year, schedule an appointment to have the sediment in your hot water heater flushed. Failure to do so can cause the particles to clog the valves, resulting in low water pressure and even a lack of hot water.
- Check Water Pressure: Pay attention to the water pressure. If you start to notice is slowing down or speeding up, check the pressure gauge. Or, if you are comfortable doing so, you can add a pressure regulator to monitor the levels.
- Fix the Problem: The best thing you can do for your plumbing and your home is to fix the problem when it occurs. Ignoring or neglecting problems will only exacerbate them and make them harder to fix and possibly more expensive as well.
Caring for your plumbing takes attention and a proactive attitude. The plumbing in your home can often go neglected like the shingle roofing over your head. It is easy to get used to the convenience of certain things, but when you start to notice problems or issues, ignoring them won’t make the problems go away. Contacting a professional plumbing team, Freedom Flow Plumbing and Heating Services, is the best way to start addressing any plumbing problem you may be having.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often should you check your plumbing?
- Generally speaking, most plumbers will agree that plumbing needs to be checked and inspected every 2 years.
- What are the most common plumbing problems?
- Slow drains, leaking faucets, running toilets, clogged garbage disposal, low hot water, low water pressure, and more. There are obviously several other issues you may face, but these are some of the more common problems homeowners may face.
- How do I know if my plumbing is bad?
- When you are noticing strange sounds, odd smells, or low water pressure. Those are some common signs of bad plumbing or at the very least, clogged plumbing. No matter what, they are indications that you need plumbing maintenance.
- How do you fix common plumbing problems?
- You can purchase a snake or chemical cleaner to deal with drain clogs on your own. However, for most plumbing problems, we do recommend relying on reliable plumbers, like anyone from Freedom Flow Plumbing and Heating Services.
- What do plumbers fix?
- Plumbers can fix or repair anything from leaking faucets to damaged sewer lines. They work on essentially anything that brings water and waste to or from your home.
Connect With Us Today for More Information!
Rely on Freedom Flow Plumbing and Heating Services for all your needs, including plumbing maintenance in Clifton Township and Scranton, PA. Give us a call at (570) 903-3199 to schedule an appointment today.