We offer dishwasher repair in Clifton Township and Scranton, PA, and locations throughout the Pocono region of Pennsylvania. If your dishwasher has stopped working properly, call Freedom Flow Plumbing and Heating Services, your plumbing and heating servants at (570) 468-8217. We will be out shortly to diagnose and repair the problem.
Causes For A Malfunctioning Dishwasher
- Not drying – A dishwasher may stop drying properly from a malfunctioning heating element, whether from the element itself or the terminals that connect the element. Dishwashers also have a high-limit thermostat to prevent overheating, and this thermostat could be reporting erroneous temperatures, causing the element to cool down prematurely.
- Not dispensing detergent – If your dishwasher is no longer releasing detergent during wash cycles, the dispenser may simply be clogged with older detergent that has caked and prevented the release mechanism from operating. If this is not the case, replacement of the dispensing compartment may be the best option. If your dishwasher isn’t dispensing detergent, give us a call and we will determine the cause.
- Won’t fill with water – If water isn’t flowing to the dishwasher, the inlet valve is the likely culprit. Controlled by a timer or an electronic control, the inlet valve can experience mechanical failure from wear and tear, or it may simply not be receiving the proper signal from the controls to open. We can assess the problems, determine if your inlet valve is receiving power, ensure that all components are functional, and replace your inlet valve if necessary. Other causes may be a defective float, float switch, or door switch.
- Not draining – Some dishwashers have a check valve as part of the drain assembly. This check valve can malfunction, preventing water from flowing through the drain.
- Not cleaning properly – Many problems could cause your dishwasher to stop cleaning thoroughly. Inadequate pressure, spray arm malfunction, scale buildup, or impeller malfunction could all cause inadequate performance. Whatever the problem, we will find it and fix it fast.
- Won’t turn on – If the dishwasher won’t start, it could be something as simple as a door latch assembly, or it could be a problem with your pump motor, heating circuit, timers, selector switches, controls, relays, or thermal fuses. We will assess each of these components and determine their functionality, ensuring every system in your dishwasher is operating properly.
If you need dishwasher repair in Clifton Township and Scranton, PA, then Freedom Flow Plumbing and Heating Services is here to help! Give us a call today at (570) 468-8217 for plumbing services for your home.